As my mentor coaching client …
- You get valuable coaching experience through role-play coaching and feedback (more below).
- You learn throughout from observing me as an experienced coach.
- Your goals for the mentor coaching are always front and center to be sure you receive the experiences and learning that help you to meet your goals.
You also receive …
- One-on-one attention from an International Coach Federation-approved mentor coach who believes strongly in the work of the ICF and the organization’s efforts to articulate and apply professional standards for coaching.
- A feedback process to promote self-learning, as well as comments and recommendations about your coaching effectiveness and key areas for growth.
- Several options for how to use your mentor coaching sessions (as long as our work is connected to the ICF key coaching competencies):
- Role-play coaching. As the mentor coach client, you sketch out the key characteristics and circumstances of me as your mock client (e.g., who I am, my basic life circumstances, and the agenda I bring to you for coaching). You will also identify one (or two) competencies you want to focus on for each mentor coaching session. Then, we use a feedback method I’ve developed, which begins with your self-reflection (e.g., what went well and what you would do differently), followed by my questions and comments, including a unique form of feedback from me based on how I, as your mock client, experienced your coaching.
- Coaching challenge discussion. You identify a coaching challenge (e.g., from your work or coaching you’ve witnessed) for us to discussion and learn from. Often, I will suggest role-play coaching around that challenge so you’re doing more than just talk about it.
- Coaching exploration. You choose a particular aspect of coaching for us to focus on.
Excellent value for your investment!
Please note: The ICF allows 7 of the 10 required mentor coaching hours to be earned through group coaching, which is typically less costly than ten hours of one-on-one mentor coaching.